Wednesday, August 23, 2006

What Kind of Flower Are You?

I am a
Violet

What Flower
Are You?



I am a violet:
"You have a shy personality. You tend to hesitate before trying new things or meeting new people. But once people get to know you, you open up and show the world what you are really all about."
.
.
On the Sewing Front
.
For the first time in a very long time, I actually made something for myself! I needed a "tropical" outfit for a weekend party and really didn't have the money. So it was more of a necessity. I remembered seeing a wrap skirt that my sister made (or was making-still want to see pictures) and it looked really cute. I found some Batik material in hot pink, orange and yellow at Joann's on clearance and only paid $3 for almost 2 yds. The skirt almost didn't happen because they either cut it short or it shrunk a lot! When I laid out the pattern pieces on the pre-washed fabric...they didn't fit. I had to get creative to make it work without making it really short. I actually ended up with extra after all my adjusting and I might make some microwaveable rice bags or something. It's such cute material...I'll have to figure out something to do with it.
.
I really, really, really hate to have my picture taken and avoid cameras at all costs...so Theresa...This picture is for You! Not just a picture of the skirt...but a picture of me in the skirt. It was from the McCall's pattern #3145, if anyone was wondering. Now that I've made this one...I'm thinking of making the longer version in a more subtle fabric. It is really comfy and depending on the fabric ~ might be good for the office! Although, assuming I had an office job ;o)
.

1 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

my eyes, my eyes!!!! ha-ha!! just kidding! What happened to your chubby cheeks? (on your face, silly). You look great, you big dummy. I love,love, love the fabric. You'll love, love, love the longer version of the skirt, also.
You are a shy violet - sounds crazy, but it did describe you. sigh. we must have different mothers . . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home