Friday, June 30, 2006

Are those Feet!?!


Who's crazy enough to hold a bowl with their Feet & Why?
You might just be asking yourself: Are those Shannon's feet holding up a Really Super Cool Bowl? Well, yes, BUT no one was home! And I wanted to hold it up to a light so you can see the great colors in it. So...my brilliant idea was to hold it with my feet while I lay on my back with the camera pointed up at it. And, I thought it turned out pretty damn good, don't you? I'm just really glad no one saw me! I totally had to laugh at myself!

Ok, the whole story behind the bowl started when my brother Matt from Portland replied :

Matt said...
Ok I'm trying to get my lazy west coast self in the habit of keeping in contact w/family. I'm spending most of my free time making glass beads on my torch, so if you are into using glass beads in any of your crafts let me know size,colors and style and I will hook you up.


So I thought I'd show some of his work. My mom has some small clear & frosted glass plates he made that are perfect for candles. I totally need to steal those someday. Don't tell! That's all I have for now. Hint ~ Hint ;o) BTW Matt, Theresa wants some beads too. She'll take anything and she'll add them to her knitting or something.
Matt was also saying that Cara's mom said to send some of his work down to FL. and she wants to take it to some little shop near her. So I'll let you know if anything comes of all that. Mackenzie and I are looking forward to getting some beads to do some knot tying with hemp and adding some of Matt's beads to our necklaces & bracelaces.
BTW, Matt works at Bullseye Glass Co. in Portland, OR. if you want to check out the website. Ok, hopefully I'll get better on the updates. But this should please Theresa, Right!?! ;o)

5 Comments:

At 7/03/2006 2:56 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Okay, now that I'm pleased, let's clear some things up. Are you saying that Cara's mom is his wife? Bizarre, I thought Cara was. And Shannon, that shot is downright kinky. I have a feeling Matt will keep one in his wallet. I don't think you should let people know just how talented your feet really are. There's a market for that sort of thing, and it's not Winn-Dixie.

 
At 7/03/2006 4:58 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Ok - I edited the Cara "(his wife)" part out as to not confuse anyone. As for Matt - he could care less...he just doesn't understand this whole blog thang and why we even do it. BTW, not too many people up here will have a clue what the heck a Winn-Dixie is. But I do ~ We'll just say ~ insert Meijer in that spot ;o).

 
At 7/04/2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Theresa "insisted" we visit your blog and admire your feet giftedness. I am truly amazed. BTW the bowl is gorgeous.

 
At 7/10/2006 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay you really are bizarre holding that bowl with your feet! haha!! The bowl is amazing, hmm..we ARE a very creative family..all of us.

 
At 8/12/2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe we should send you a plate stand :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home