Saturday, June 10, 2006

Just getting started...

Hi guys, ok here it goes...

I decided to start my own blog to rant and rave about what ever comes to mind. Hopefully this will be a place to keep everyone updated...if you care. If not...Don't visit ;o) Ok, just kidding.

Well as of Friday ~ school is out. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I may be insane by the end of summer. Well, since I'm not working...the kids and I are hangin' around at home and the weather has actually been pretty warm here. So we got a new double slip-n-slide that the whole neighborhood has been hanging around enjoying. I've turned into the Kool-aid mom on the block. Some of these kids tell me they are hungry & thirsty and I'm thinking "Hey, I'm unemployed with limited snacks for my own kids ~ go home if you want a snack!" But do I actually say that...NO! I usually hand out juice pouches or make some popcorn. Ok - I'll stop.

I'm currently looking for a full time Massage Therapy job but not having much luck. It's hard when you still have to make enough money to cover the $200 a week for daycare. So is it even worth the job when you have to pay so much for daycare? Hopefully the right thing will come along by the end of the summer.


I'm doing crafts and trying to keep the kids out of trouble. The current summer project is Juice Pouch Purses. I'm going to have a booth at Mackenzie's elementary school Arts & Crafts Fair in the fall. So, I have the whole summer for the kids to drink up juice pouches so I can make purses, belts, wallets, totes and lunch bags. What can I say...my excitement knows no bounds. I suppose I'll leave all the big excitement to the big screen. Mom's night out is usually a movie! And speaking of movies...if you haven't seen Cars yet...You Gotta Go! It's Great!

Ok - So who's gonna comment first? ;o)

7 Comments:

At 6/11/2006 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWESOME Capri-Sun Pouch Purses!!! NEAT IDEA!!! ;o)
Keep washing those pouches!!!!

Enjoy the summer with those kids... I miss those days!!

 
At 6/11/2006 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! I guess I'll have to start one so I'm not the only sister without her own blog! Have you contacted nursing homes to see if you can go in as a contract employee and do massages? Kevin's niece did that and was able to make her own hours. Or, you can visit offices and set up standing for neckrubs, etc., for their staff. (She did that, too) I hope you can figure out a way to work around your own schedule. Good luck!

 
At 6/11/2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Betsy - Blog - Your It! Now it's your turn ;o) I do have a massage chair so I can do seated massage and a lady comes to my mom's office every other week as a contractor. She said she would help me look into getting set up around here as a contractor if I need help. So I may do that. Hopefully it pays well. And Caleb will be in kindergarten 1/2 days in the fall. So that is an option!

 
At 6/11/2006 5:03 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Oh sure, send everyone the link, but me. Make me call around the country to find out you're blogging! Cute purses - I'm working on a big tote like that now. I plan to line it (stop laughing Betsy)too. I'll be making you blog fodder this week, so keep posting!

 
At 6/11/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

T- Oh Waaa- as if! I sent it out to everyone so no cryin'! So are you making a juice pouch tote or a wool sweater tote?

 
At 6/12/2006 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too amazing! You are too clever! Did anyone ever tell you that? Of course they did!
These purses are so cute! My kids and hubby are getting punished when I find empty pouches sitting around and not placed into the proper "Shannon Receptacle". bad bad boys.

P.S. this is my first time on a blog!

 
At 6/14/2006 6:45 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Shan, what the hell is Tracy waiting for? Tell her I said to start a blog, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home